Poll

Should SHC/IV races be removed from the server?

Scrap IV but leave Super HC
7 (18.9%)
Scrap Super HC but leave IV
2 (5.4%)
Scrap both modes
10 (27%)
Keep both modes
18 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: IV and Super Hardcore races.  (Read 10171 times)

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
IV and Super Hardcore races.
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:07 am »
I honestly don't think IV races belong on the server anymore, sure, it's a bit of fun, but most of the time, it causes people to leave. Not to mention the fact you could be paired up with a noob who doesn't know how to shoot or just doesn't want to and bails on you and does /nc. They're almost always a huge mess, especially one world ones.

Super Hardcore races are absolute crap almost always, everytime one of them comes on, there's a good chance a lot of people will leave from confusion coz they they don't understand what happened. One world Super Hardcore is just ridiculous, if this mode doesn't get removed, at least ban One world Super Hardcore races from being made, or even make them TT ONLY. Normal HC races are fine though, you blow up your car, it's your own fault.

What is your opinion on these modes? I think both of them should be removed, I don't think they blend in too well with the rest of the gamemode and what a racing server should be. I vote for both of them to be removed.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: IV and Super Hardcore races.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:49:40 am »
scrap both modes wins my vote... same reasons as pyrofox, we should be keeping players on the server, not making them leave.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:01:55 am »
Can you guys not just vote, but leave an opinion as well? Tell us why you think they should be kept/removed.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:38 am »
+1

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 06:12:51 am »
Keep both, I love the suspense most of the time. :L

Offline Dead

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 07:39:18 am »
Scrap both modes i say,Pyrofox explained everything lol,i don't even call them "races"

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 07:51:43 am »
i think if super hardcore was always tt and instead of killing you it did /rescueme then TAB then /repair automatically when you hit something (basically teleporting you to the start with a new car) it'd be less confusing.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 08:24:49 am »
There's always going to be server killer races.

I'd never leave leave if I was given a gun, teamed up with another player and a gun battle starts. I wouldn't leave.

SHC, a challenge. Really hard to finish.

TT 10 Minute race on my own... /q.
TT race in a boxville... /q.

It's all about what we like and what we don't like. You might quit or some other dude might quit, but no more so that the next race which starts, people have different taste. It's only 3 minutes of a race you don't like, but they might.

I haven't got any stats, but IV I'm guessing takes up 1% of the race list. TT probably takes up 33%. One World (which criples bad PC's, in that case they would hate it) probably is about 20%.

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 08:46:52 am »
I vote for leaving IV but scrap out SHC.

IV races are good to have some fun on the server when we get bored of normal races. Like Pyro said they can get pain in the ass when some noob srews your driving by leaving your car and leaving you alone in all that mess. There aren't many of them though
I'm guessing takes up 1% of the race list
so that wouldn't be a big mistake of keeping them on the server.  ;)

SHC is biggest cpap on the server to me. Ye, ones in TT are pretty good and not so annoying like normal or one world lol... I just don't like driving all the time like I'm being chased by some killer who wants to kill me and i can't touch anything or drive slower.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 10:02:03 am »
I vote for leaving IV but scrap out SHC.

IV races are good to have some fun on the server when we get bored of normal races. Like Pyro said they can get pain in the ass when some noob srews your driving by leaving your car and leaving you alone in all that mess. There aren't many of them though
I'm guessing takes up 1% of the race list
so that wouldn't be a big mistake of keeping them on the server.  ;)

SHC is biggest cpap on the server to me. Ye, ones in TT are pretty good and not so annoying like normal or one world lol... I just don't like driving all the time like I'm being chased by some killer who wants to kill me and i can't touch anything or drive slower.

same ^^ lol

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:29 pm »
i voted for keep both, but if you want delete it, delete one world too

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 01:18:39 pm »
keep both
just reduce number of them and don't make superhardcore 5 minutes race,

IV was fun since get 'hardcore' ppl leave coz of flat tyres and they can't get new car

make possible /nc in IV or make impossible to flat tyre

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 01:31:46 pm »
keep both:

IV is good action racing, very GTA because you have shooting + driving, and one world with this gives more opponents. But I believe it's good to have it hardcore, so people don't leave and /nc, people don't /vr (/vr just kills the mode, why to shoot if u can repair in half a second?)

Super Hardcore is nice too, I don't love it but I like to race one of these a few times, it makes you change from other races, but never add a one world super hardcore race, if u don't delete juste don't add it so an admin launches it if every player wants to.
Also, you shouldn't add "ultra" hardcore races because then it's almost impossible (maybe let one in no-add no-del, same as the one world super hardcore i said, to load it when every player asks it) but I don't think there is any very hard super hardcore race that has been added.

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
  • Elements of life: Air, Water, Oil, Fuel
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:45 pm »
Having them all is fine.The thing is making them screw up worse by adding support by another special mode and world system.All modes should be inspected tightly and modes which fuck it up should be banned from being a combo.We got many of them in hand already up there.
scrap both modes wins my vote... same reasons as pyrofox, we should be keeping players on the server, not making them leave.
Right on.

Solving the case of a SHC is simple, aa i hit and im dead... After respawn trying again and hitting again should be enough to get to understanding you must not crash.But having a ultra pro race with tight roads and jumps and shit would make people leave of course.So i say keep SHC and pick a regular difficulty level for this.Be selective on testing.

Matchmaking on IVs is a pain in the ass.For example i mostly get out of vehicle and spawn a new one cause the driver ive been coupled with is some kinda turtle driver.They dont go for a challenge and more likely fuck up on every turn.When its someone i like to be with its a good fight.So in my opinion the trouble is from grouping.Well dunno how to solve it...

Well none of the vote options fit me lol

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

keep both:

IV is good action racing, very GTA because you have shooting + driving, and one world with this gives more opponents. But I believe it's good to have it hardcore, so people don't leave and /nc, people don't /vr (/vr just kills the mode, why to shoot if u can repair in half a second?)

Super Hardcore is nice too, I don't love it but I like to race one of these a few times, it makes you change from other races, but never add a one world super hardcore race, if u don't delete juste don't add it so an admin launches it if every player wants to.
Also, you shouldn't add "ultra" hardcore races because then it's almost impossible (maybe let one in no-add no-del, same as the one world super hardcore i said, to load it when every player asks it) but I don't think there is any very hard super hardcore race that has been added.
Well some nice pointing on this too.There might be a special coding on IV and it should be a lone selection without any world or special 2 (well it can be MTA or something though, gotta filter eh) So its forced to be oneworld.You cant repair but you can get a new vehicle.
Sign-A-True

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 03:17:55 pm »
best idea about IV imo

make cars indestructible BUT remove /heal, all the point will be not destroy opponent car, just kill him (driver or shooter)

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form