Author Topic: NFS World Online  (Read 84460 times)

Offline AnriB

• View Profile
Re: NFS World Online
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »
i cant create a new driver :/

it says a problem occurred :(

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:06 pm »
Server is bugged, need wait till they fix it fixed

also you can do it only once actually you can do it two times so in total you will get 1800 free speedboost
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:40:10 pm by [MAF]Jur1z »

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2012, 06:38:02 pm »
Route 55:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:39:38 pm by [AK47]skunk »

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2012, 08:33:18 am »

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:59:03 am by [MAF]Jur1z »

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »
by the way, anyone familiar with the story of need for speed games?

What I remember is: it all started back in 2003 with Underground (I know there are NFS games before Underground but I never played them and I don't think the story starter earlier anyway). Olympic city. A nice urban city with lots of roads and streets ideal for ilegal racing. You're an unknown beginner racing enthusiast who dreams on becoming the best racer on the streets and for that you must defeat the current racer on top of the unofficial leaderboard "Eddie" and his pose. After god knows how many burnouts and "under one-hundredt" wins, you get a shot on taking down Eddie. Victory favors you and you're proclaimed the best racer on the streets. Ah but was it to be so simple as that... Eddie's woman doesn't seem to like the idea of you going with the glory and anonymously challenges you for a final race around chinatown. Evading milk trucks and trams on your way you manage to jump over the river thanks to a half upped bridge on the track just before the, now misterious to you, driver on that silver 350z and evading one final milk truck and blue sedan you cross the finish line. "You did it! You won!" the crowd shouts at you when the 350z arrives and the driver gets out and reveals herself to be Melissa who comes towards you for a "chat" or whatever you may want to think.

After that comes Underground 2 which is set 6 months after the events of Underground.

*****I'm not very familiar with the story of NFSU2 coz I only played it like 2 times long time ago and didn't really put attention to the story anyway. So If  you see any errors or missinformation on this section feel free to correct me*****
Supposedly six months have passed after you claimed your superiority on the streets and had been making quite a fuss which some people out there doesn't like for some reason and a misterious bald man decides to put an end to your racing days, ramming your Skyline off the track with a heavy SUV. You then get shipped to Bayview, a city located near the sea and just off the mountains. You get contacted by Rachel, a woman whos very deep into the racing scene on the city, right when you're off the plane and she informs you how kinddly she was to leave her 350z on the parking lot for you to make your way to her location, the car deaership. You're on the wheel immediately but on the way you pick messages about racing going on on the streets already and since you are driving a nice car you decide to "race by". Of course you don't have much change to race much that night before Rachel gets angry at you and decides to call off all racing on the city until you get to the car lot and deliver her ride safely. Once you arrive you get a bit yelled to and get to buy a new crappy car to start building your rep. Then the story goes on an on just like on the previous game untill you find out who was behind your accident and challenge the bald guy for a race. You beat him and he gets depressed or something I don't really remember what happens on the ending lol......

I didn'r rly like NFSU2 coz gameplay was very repetitive and boring and lots of mod options that only overwhelm you .

Anyway after that came Most Wanted. The best NFS out there imo. The storyline is great and right from the start makes you wanna go out there and kick some ass.

Sometime after the events of NFSU2 you start thinking "what would be better than a modded car for racing?" of course a real racing car! So you decide to sell all your crappy modded cars that look like they came out of the bottom of a cereal box and build yourself a street version of a touring car. Your choise a BMW M3 GTR. You leave everything you know behind and move on your quest to another beachy location called Rockport city. You haven't even entered the city streets when you're already attracting attention and being this an EA game of course its from a hot chick. You cruise a little and get yourself into the action almost immediately but this time you not only meet the street racers but the police officers as well. After the cops give you a nice warm welcome to the city you find out what needs to be done in order to get reputation on the streets. I dunno why EA always centers on rep, Self esteem issues EA? anyway... what you need to do is beat 15 elite racers and you just got a shot on taking down the 15th of them. A guy who doesn't like strangers on fancy rides who specializes on dirty racing. Just before the race tour vehicle is sabotaged and you end up making a fool of yourself, leaving a gay trail of engine oil, loosing your M3 and going to jail. After you bail out that hole the hot chick appears again just to be sure she is still hot and to let you know you already have things to do. And after what has happened to you you feel compelled to take down everyone and everything to get your beloved M3 back and get the hell out ot that place.
So you do. after smashing a hell lot of police cars and innocent civilian vehicles you face Razor again and show him that its not the car what makes a winner, its the driver. Afterwards he cries like a little girl and refuses to give you back your carkeys only to get his ass kicked by the hottie who is really an undercover cop (yeah right, cops that hot don't exist) then every police enforcer in the city become madmen and start chasing your ass and this time you can't stop them so your only hope is for someone to tell you how to escape the most horrible police chase you've ever faced. Luckily you're told to run off to, ironically, the way you came in, jumping over the river (see the pattern there?) and escaping them crooked cops. And you're on your way to the next location.....

Palmont city, from what I understand of the story in NFS this is where you're originally from. You were a nice person who got framed and forced to flee the place so you went to Olympic city to start over.

So now you're back and hope your fame has been long forgotten. Riding down next to the canyon you get an unexpected visitor on the road. That mad cop from Rockport got fired for letting you escaped and now has become a buntyhunter and since he is so angry at you has been chasing you all this time and now he is right behind you. Running fast downhill you smash your beloved M3 onto a cargo truck. You're busted again but a misterious man appears off the mist on a fancy ride. He tells the ex-cop to give you a break and introduces himself as someone you already knew, "MadMax" ehm..... I mean, "Darius" and as this is EA universe a hot chick must be there and this one seems quite angry for some reason (see what they did there? hot chick, angry........). Anyhow You're put on the streets and get told what is what and how things develop there... rep, rep and more rep! this time only for the accompained one. You must recruit people on your team and beat other crews on the streets. Atter you proclaim the land as yours you face off Darius and clean your name once and for all. Surprisingly the state seems ok for you to run off after all the mayhem you created.

And you're sitting there, on the dark streets and thinking I had enough of this shit lets go legit.

So we get put on the race tracks on the next installment called Pro Street. Which is a load of bullcrap imo. And for the very first time you get revealed that your name was Ryan Cooper all along which is another aspect of the series that I disliked. Why put a name to your character?

Anyway this game has not much storyline appart for that you have to beat the showdown king or whatever (rep rep REP!!!!!!). So you do and you beat the game blah blah...

This was the last game I played and I don't know if they continued the adventures of "Ryan Cooper" on the later games but If they did the story must be somewhat the same to the previous ones more or less... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Anyone care to continue?
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »
tl;dr, but watching the whole wall of text as one i see that your conclusion is that nfs is getting repetitive and boring, which i agree on.
however it being mmo is step in the right direction, and if it would have a bit more tolerable handling (i just cant stand this one) i'd be playing it.

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »
what? no. I'm just talking about the continuity of the story from game to game.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »
like a positive thing?

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2012, 03:01:24 am »
ehm, I'm not criticizing the gameplay or the storyline. I just did a summary of the whole story starting from NFSU until Pro Street coz thats the last NFS I played. Then asked "if anyone cares enough to continuing telling the story".

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2012, 03:33:07 am »
Uunderground, U2, MostWanted, Carbon, ProStreet and there the storyline ends (i think)

In NFS Undercover starts new storyline, you are an undercover cop

About NFS The Run not sure haven't played it much, but you are escaping all the time or something like thet

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »
they added Viper ACR ?, looks like missing spoiler

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »
they added Viper ACR ?, looks like missing spoiler
No, i made that paint job myself

But they added Viper ACR Elite Cop

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »
cop one looks bad, hope they add normal acr, btw try swap your colours, other way around, should look better

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:04 am »
btw try swap your colours, other way around, should look better