Author Topic: Czech weed law  (Read 8304 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Czech weed law
« on: January 02, 2010, 10:17:37 pm »
Especially for devil, but also for people who wanna read.

(I just read it fast and not totally).

http://current.com/items/91644649_czech-government-allows-personal-cannabis-use-in-2010.htm

But what I saw that Czechs can have weed in their pocket without getting punished ;)

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
Re: Czech weed law
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:12:52 pm »
this is the best thing that our Czech government have ever done lol
(they are bunch of idiots indeed)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:53:38 pm »
I didn't read all and maybe it doesn't say all. But you can have weed in your pocket and 5 plants at house.. but no weed selling in the so called "coffeeshops" like we got in the Netherlands? Or maybe I missed that part.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:27:03 am »
yes, i think we cannot sell it in shops :L

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:11 am »
shit dude, Im moving to fuckin europe
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 11:26:08 am »
 ;D

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
It's interesting to read how some European countries are loosening their drugs laws for small amounts of personal use. If this continues it will be interesting to see how hard line countries such as the US will react, since they have a zero tolerance policy and have always been the main leader in the 'war on drugs' (which is about as winnable as the war on terror).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:18:13 pm by [UK]Simon »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 11:36:41 am »
Weed/Hash should be totally legalized imo. That means, selling in coffeeshops(thats the name for the shops where we sell weed in the Netherlands), being able to have x gram of weed with you at any moment and government or individuals who grow weed for the shops.

I'm glad to hear the Czech government relaxed the rules on weed. If I'm right you can have a small amount of weed in your pocket in the Netherlands, Belgium and Czech without prosecution(only looking at the EU-27).

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 03:20:29 pm »
everything should be legal. people are getting it anyway so why punish them for what they're putting in their own bodies? :(
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 04:11:53 pm »
everything should be legal. people are getting it anyway so why punish them for what they're putting in their own bodies? :(

igzakli

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 04:20:48 pm »

Because (at least in Europe) most, if not all countries are democracies, and the majority of the population doesn't take drugs and believe the FUD that is shovelled down their throats by the press.

The chance of ever having a totally open debate about drugs is quite simply never going to happen.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 04:32:17 pm »
`

Because some people get ill because of it (smoking) and we all pay tax for it.. and some not wanna pay for that.
But ye, same counts for people who get disabled by a car accident because they drove too hard... you also pay for them..

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »
they're gonna smoke it anyway. i think the bigger waste of money is the money they're spending building prisons for people who did nothing wrong and all the money spent attempting to enforce their pointless laws :L
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:58 pm »
At work now but will contribute more to this thread later once home.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »
Theres a big group in Costa Rica that us getting signatures to send a law proposal to make something similar to Czech with weed, hope they get those signatures soon
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 05:25:22 pm »
I think that I am not wrong during smoke weed. I don't aggrieve somebody so why am I perceiving a criminal? I never kill and steal but for weed cops will push me to prison on 3 years :( This is my free will and choose... I smoke because like it. Joint no killing. Fuck stipid rules! Czech Republic has a normal, impartial, factual and objective politicians. Good job! :)

Offline ivanduk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 05:42:10 pm »

[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: talking about gay give it to id 17
piggernenis [17]: haha
piggernenis [17]: hulka put me on ignore because he thinks im gay
[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: id 17 have aids

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »
I think that I am not wrong during smoke weed. I don't aggrieve somebody so why am I perceiving a criminal? I never kill and steal but for weed cops will push me to prison on 3 years :( This is my free will and choose... I smoke because like it. Joint no killing. Fuck stipid rules! Czech Republic has a normal, impartial, factual and objective politicians. Good job! :)

^Totally agree with you. Weed is like the opposite of alcohol...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:55:57 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »
Czech Republic has a normal, impartial, factual and objective politicians. Good job! :)

Haha, i really laughed at that :L
To be honest, I was very surprised when this law has been approved, because our politicians are absolutely worthless in other things.
I guess nobody has so huge debit as the Czech republic. (over 1 170 000 000 000 Czech crowns = about 45 000 000 000 €)
This is a really big problem and the politicians should try to solve it somehow. It's all their fault, but at this moment they act like if they didn't care. This ''weed law'' is a good thing though.  :D

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »
45 billion, not bad, ours is like 120 billion

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »
Netherlands has 346 168 000 000 in total (2008).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:59:10 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 08:56:31 pm »
 :P

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 09:03:56 pm »
It's all relative lol.

USA has (one of) the biggest debt I think, if you look absolutely.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 09:12:54 pm »
20 Billion (Dollars) for the Philippines, and I thought our debt sucked lol

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »
The UK has fuck loads after bailing out the fucking greedy bankers.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 05:47:28 am »
uk has debt? u have the most expensive currency, that usually means the country is filled with gold XD rich bastards lol

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:36 am »
In the financial year 2008/09 the UK recorded a general government deficit of £101.3 billion.

Source: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?ID=277

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:37 am »
I don't agree with making drugs legal at all. When they are illegal most people think of it as a bad thing. Which it is.

No real facts but drugs result in debts and crime. I spent many years spending my wages on weed, it came to a point where I chose weed over food. That should never happen.

I loved getting stoned, don't get me wrong. But weed is hard to detect by the average person, this makes it easy to be stoned and deal with everyday life. Unlike alcohol, which is easily detected by the effects. I could get stoned at 5am, be in work for 5.50am and no one would notice. The facts are though, my heart rate was slowed down. my reaction time was also reduced.
That's why we shouldn't accept drugs. it could slow you down in school, in school you have to pay attention to achieve your potential.

Drugs are bad. I should know.  ???

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 11:25:28 am »
Alcohol is worse :L Alcohol affetcs your life more.

But you're right that it's hard to detect, I've been stoned at work/school too for several times and nobody noticed it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:27:24 am by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 04:17:50 pm »
I was drunk at school once, it was fuckin fun, I didnt get noticed by teachers. Weed over food? :O
Well I love weed, even tho I dont smoke for over a year, I still want it :P

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:32 am »
I don't agree with making drugs legal at all. When they are illegal most people think of it as a bad thing. Which it is.

No real facts but drugs result in debts and crime. I spent many years spending my wages on weed, it came to a point where I chose weed over food. That should never happen.

I loved getting stoned, don't get me wrong. But weed is hard to detect by the average person, this makes it easy to be stoned and deal with everyday life. Unlike alcohol, which is easily detected by the effects. I could get stoned at 5am, be in work for 5.50am and no one would notice. The facts are though, my heart rate was slowed down. my reaction time was also reduced.
That's why we shouldn't accept drugs. it could slow you down in school, in school you have to pay attention to achieve your potential.

Drugs are bad. I should know.  ???

Do you not think that if they (are we talking about all drugs or just weed?) were made legal there would be a far greater support network to catch people who fall through the cracks like we have for alcohol? The strength and quality could be maintained and monitored?

I'm not saying it would be a good think to legalise it (when i was younger i did, now i am older and have seen some of the damage (firsthand) that weed can do) but i certainly think that the whole world of drugs should be debated more as the current system isn't working, as it just funds criminals and criminalizes the end users.

Ush, does The Netherlands have a big problem due to the coffee shops (are they only in Amsterdam or everywhere?)? I appreciate it is also a cultural thing, so may not be so easy to map from country to country (look at how 24 hour alcohol licenses didn't change the UK drinking culture at all).

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 02:59:47 pm »
Ush, does The Netherlands have a big problem due to the coffee shops (are they only in Amsterdam or everywhere?)? I appreciate it is also a cultural thing, so may not be so easy to map from country to country (look at how 24 hour alcohol licenses didn't change the UK drinking culture at all).

We got them everywhere. Every city. Even in my parents town, with only 12000 citizens they got a coffeeshop. In the city I live, which has 187000 citizens, we got like about 10 coffeeshops. Amsterdam has hundreds.

Coffeeshops don't give any problems at all. Only bad thing about it is that they get most of their weed out of the criminal circuit, in the Netherlands you can (only) have up to 5 home grown plants per household.. which people smoke all theirselves or sell something. What you could say is that the frontdoor is open and legal and the backdoor is criminal and illegal.
Biggest problem the Netherlands got is that the other countries in Europe don't do the same thing, so we got all their tourists to visit us and behave like idiots. The municipalities at the borders with Europe(Belgium/Germany) and the city of Amsterdam(but they use to have tourists for everything like the red light district etc) suffer the most. What could be done is to not sell it anymore to foreigners.. but that doesn't solve the weedproblem every country has.

But lets get to the facts, the weed branche makes lots of money, you can't keep it away from criminals. Unless you legalize it. What should be done is (what the party I vote for proclaims) legalize everything from beginning to end. From the growth of the weed till the point where they sell it.
We got less addicts to weed and people usually stop smoking it after they finish their study or get children.