Author Topic: How To Play AdrenalineX [Beginner]  (Read 27064 times)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
How To Play AdrenalineX [Beginner]
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:06:52 pm »
Introduction
Here is a beginners tutorial that will tell you everything you need to know about starting at AdrenalineX, this will include the basic information and some extra tips on how to gain success from SA-MP's number 1 racing server. This is for the newbies but also some regulars might get a few helpful pointers.

Connecting To AdrenalineX
UK Server     
SA-MP Server    78.129.221.58:7777
Websitewww.AdrenalineX.co.uk   
IRCwww.irc.adrenalinex.co.uk   

Playing AdrenalineX
When you first join the server, we recommend that you register an account with us.  To do this, simple type /register [password].  Please remember your password, but if you forget you can visit our forum and make a post requesting help.  Your account has now been created, when rejoining the server, type /login [password] to login.
Your account will store almost everything you do on the server.
  • Points, money, skin, player colour and vehicle colours.
  • Racing statistics, such as race finishing positions and DNF (Did not finish).
  • Personal best times for every race you've completed.
  • On screen display configuration, of your own custom textdraws.
  • Your country location and I.P address.
Although we don't enforce people to register, as you can see from the above, it will help keep your progress up to date.

Getting Started
When you spawn, type /nc to spawn a car.  The car is selected from the vehicle that's unique to the race.  You have 3 cars per race, so don't waste them.  To fix your car, you can either type /vr, /flip, or /repair.  Using which command will depend on your situation.
If you fall off a cliff or plunge into water, simply type /sos, this will return you back to your position (roughly 7 seconds before your accident).
To retrieve your vehicle, press SUBMISSION.  If your vehicle can not be retrieved, a menu will pop up giving you some options to spawn a new vehicle.  This menu is called the Quick Fix menu.  It can be displayed while driving to quickly enable you to select an option like vr, flip, rescue and SOS.  Press SUBMISSION to display the Quick Fix menu.

Changing AdrenalineX
I didn't create AdrenalineX for myself, so I've tried to make a lot AdrenalineX custom, so you all can keep it the way you want.
To change your skin, type /skin [skinid], to remove this from your account enter the /cx menu and toggle the skin saver option.  To change your vehicle colours, type /vc [colourid] [colourid], again to remove this colour, enter the /cx menu, toggle vehicle colour option or type /vc -1 -1.  To customise the display, type /hud.  You can select 1 of many uploaded textdraw designs by clicking the Select Profile HUD option in the menu.  If you understand how textdraws work (or are creative and understand basic screen mapping) you can select Create New HUD and adjust all the textdraws.  These changes include colour, size, position, formatting and a few other tweaks.  The Quick Fix menu can also be customised, type /cx and click Customise.  The Quick Fix menu has 10 options, link the options to a command.  To remove options, simple select No Command for the specific option (1 of 10).  GTA Wheels can also be saved, although by default you get to select your wheels before the race starts, you can avoid this routine by typing /cx and select Save Rims.

The Display
The displays are frequently updated so you get all the information, as fast as possible.

1 : Vehicle name display.
2 : Current players race positions.
3 : Current players online ranking.
4 : Server time of day.
5 : Detailed race information.
6 : Player progress and maximum checkpoints.
7 : Total players active in the race.
8 : Player position.
9 : Race time counter.
10 : Server information.
Split time is also features in the display, this shows you how far ahead the race leader is.  Also you will receive a popup help box, to hide this menu press CROUCH/HORN.

Customise The HUD
To customise AdrenalineX, you need to /register [password], this enables the server to save any changes you made whilst on the server. To enter the HUD menu, type /hud and you'll be presented with a menu.
  • LOAD: This will load your HUD config, this can used if you make a mistake with the HUD, just LOAD to remove your changes. Also if you test other peoples HUD's, just click LOAD to revert back to your old HUD..
  • HUD PROFILES: This will display the HUD's that have been uploaded by our racing community.
  • CREATE HUD PROFILES: This is the advanced options to customise your HUD. I'll explain more shortly.
  • REFRESH: This refreshes your custom changes to the HUD. If your HUD does not change on some textdraw options, you'll have to click REFRESH.
  • SAVE HUD PROFILE: This will save your current loaded profile, whether it be your custom version, or a pre-loaded HUD PROFILE.
The CREATE HUD PROFILES menu works similar to how commands work. Think of it like this:
/givegun[playerid] [weapon] [ammo]
Now obviously, that isn't HUD related, but the menu has the same flow.
MENU >> CUSTOM_TYPE >> TEXTDRAW_TO_CHANGE >> EXTRA_VALUES
So click CREATE HUD PROFILES, then select the change you would like to make. This can either be  Position, Font Size, Shadow, Outline, Alignment, Fill, Colour, UseBox or Box Size. Then link this custom option, with a textdraw you would like to change. On a few custom types, you mayb be asked to insert a value (I've added a few examples to help you).

Change Of Play
Gamemode      Command     Extra Commnds         Description
Racemode    /race /top5 /gettime
Stuntmode/stunt   /nc [modelid] /tele /r /s
Television/tv   
Buildmode/buildmode   /set /vehicle /modelid /weather /cpsize /saverace
Deathmatch/dm   
Away/afk 

The Races
Our current race list is about 2000, these were all made on our server with the Buildmode menu.  Along with the AdrenalineX races, we have 200 map races which mainly involve objects, these were uploaded by our mapping regulars and also from other sources.
Our races have 7 main starting types, I'll explain below.
  • Normal : This is where SA-MP performs best, the grid is made up of groups (Class A-H) and splits the players in to groups of 5.  Thus keeping the best players in Class A and the beginner players in Class H.
  • Time Trial : This is set up like real life WRC, one player per world. With these grids, car accidents involving two players doesn't ever happen.  Only issue really is being alone in a world.
  • One World : This is where all the players share the same grid.  A very action packed race with a lot of accidents and overtaking.
  • Duel : This is a Player Vs Player race. Two players per world.
  • SK: This is the based on SA-MP 0.1b racing setup.
  • Parkour : This is a running race start.
  • Jetpack: This is a race which equips the racers with a Jetpack.
  • Duel : This is a Player Vs Player race. Two players per world.
For a better ex plantion on race grids, you can read this post : http://forum.adrenalinex.co.uk/index.php/topic,758.msg13409.html#msg13409
The above racing grids can also be injected with a combination of extra features.
Upgrades  This auto equips all race cars with spoilers and other vehicle components.HardcoreThis disables all vehicle assists. (vr,nc,flip,sos)
RampsPressing FIRE will spawn a ramp, to enable you to jump.DrunkThis makes the screen wobble, also driving/walking becomes impaired.
NitroPressing FIRE will equip your vehicle with Nitro.  Holding FIRE will activate Nitro.SuperHardcore  This will make every crash your last crash.  It kills you.
JetpackThis equips you with a Jetpack.SuperNitroThis gives your vehicle a ultra fast speed boost.
ParkourThis is a running/climbing race.AutoRepairThis makes your vehicle and you in destructable.
GTAIV-MPThis pairs you with another player.  You are also give an Uzi.MTAThis will swap your current vehicle, with a different model.
GTAIV-SPThis gives you an Uzi.FlipperEach checkpoint with correct your car rotation.
RoyalRumbleThis creates a VS match, 2 different vehicle models.Freeze4CrashWhen you crash your vehicle, you will be frozen for 2 seconds.
Evil FreezeSame as Freeze4Crash, but frreze time with my multiplied by your crash counter.
DraftingThis enables a small speed boost when driving behind other cars.
Gun GameSimilar to GTAIV-SP, but these races involve logic.

Fairness & Equality
The server is moderated by a trust worthy admin team.  If you have any problems in game, don't hesitate to ask them for help.  To see a full list of on line admins, type /admins.  This might all navigate you to an admin who can speak your language.
To see a full list of our admin team, you can read this post http://forum.adrenalinex.co.UK/index.php/topic,28.0.HTML
The admins are there to help you, but their main duty is to protect you and the server from cheaters.  You can help the admins by reporting cheaters and reporting server problems.  To report hackers, simply type /report [playerid] [reason].  To report server problems, just type /reportx [message].

Banned
We, like many other servers have a set of rules we would like our players to follow. Failure in sticking to these rules will probably result in a kick or ban.
To view instructions on a ban appeal, read this post http://forum.adrenalinex.co.UK/index.php/topic,10.0.HTML
The server rules are as follows :
  • No cheating/hacking of an kind.
  • No vehicle modifications. Any mod that may affect vehicle handling is banned.
  • No ramming into opponents vehicles, accidents do happen... but they can easily be avoided.
  • No spamming the chatbox with useless nonsense.
  • No racism or any other argumentative flaming.
  • No advertising.  We don't really care about another server while we're playing.
  • No asking for server privileges, asking will result in being ignored in the future.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:07:44 am by [MAF]Phobos »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: How To Play AdrenalineX [Beginner]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:37:03 pm »
nice r :D

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:01:14 pm »
good job  ;)

falco355

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »
very good.

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
  • Elements of life: Air, Water, Oil, Fuel
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »
Very cool guide Rick!
But re-read it later on and change stuff youd like to change.It always comes out with some mind changes. :)

Sign-A-True

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 10:38:45 pm »
great job R  8)

falco355

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
i think in this topic or an other to explain how to make all kind of race in /buildmode.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 10:44:20 pm »
wow nice  :D

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »
i think in this topic or an other to explain how to make all kind of race in /buildmode.

Buildmode licence topic does that already ? Or you mismean something again :L
Sign-A-True

falco355

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »
buildmode license topic talk about the grids and checkpoints but that's why to explain about races modeS . For example, someone wants to make a mta race in /buildmode, he thinks a 2nd second will be spawn but no. All racers must know all steps.

to get a good track

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »
woop

falco355

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »
*2Nd vehicle

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 09:59:52 am »
Best gift for Christmas!  :-*

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 06:36:40 pm »
buildmode license topic talk about the grids and checkpoints but that's why to explain about races modeS . For example, someone wants to make a mta race in /buildmode, he thinks a 2nd second will be spawn but no. All racers must know all steps.

to get a good track
Yeah, thats a step by step process.Teaching a new person all these wont do anything but confuse him/her.But youre right, there should be a guide.(i say again i want to make a new tutorial but when dont know, thinking about it these days.)
Sign-A-True

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »
Would be great Love  ;D. The old video is very outdated, although the grid explanation and checkpoint placement guide are still quality tips. I hope you do it Love.  8)

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 10:16:22 pm »
Since im out of tourney and my work is sometimes loose.I might have some time to do it. :)
Sign-A-True

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 11:47:42 am »
gg "R"   :o

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 11:52:49 am »
Great work. How about help threads like this all be stickied and locked once finished so they don't look so intimidating to new racers when they see it is 40 pages long?

Offline [FSR]Mach5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 03:17:01 am »
nice work. Now is impossible act like a noob with this guide ;D

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 05:43:23 am »
Great work. How about help threads like this all be stickied and locked once finished so they don't look so intimidating to new racers when they see it is 40 pages long?

Agree.  ;)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 10:50:27 am »
Yep. Feel free to add anything you think the new players would need to know.

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 05:21:45 pm »
What about some driving tips ? Lag - synch - cornering etc.

Well its not much related to AdrenalineX but related to a server with less crashy players.
Sign-A-True

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 07:24:39 pm »
That would own, tips from the pro racers.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »
Tips:

Use your brake, it is more effective than the hand brake.
Tap the hand brake to power slide around corner.
On bike races keep pressing lean forward to go faster.
On bike stunt races press lean back when hitting objects to jump higher.

Chat abbreviations:

gg - Good Game
bb - Bye bye
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:34:39 pm by [UK]Simon »

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 08:41:51 pm »
A video is way more explaining than that for beginners i say. :)

I reckon someone should make a vid compilation of tips from us & himself.
My vote goes to Falkon.What about that?
Sign-A-True

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 09:15:04 pm »
Falcon ?  ???

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 11:09:32 pm »
yea, i agree with love :L

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 12:57:53 am »
ok, list up some tips I'll try to cover.
- synch
- defensive driving
- friendly racing

^ add some more if u have

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:41 am »
Simon mentioned a good few:

Use your brake, it is more effective than the hand brake.
Tap the hand brake to power slide around corner.
On bike races keep pressing lean forward to go faster.
On bike stunt races press lean back when hitting objects to jump higher.

Cornering speed.
Corner cutting.
PC Settings.

Love, here is a post about screenshot problems, I hope it helps.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=141644.0
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:30:51 am by [UK]Rac3r »

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 09:34:50 am »
If you are going to chat during the race, pull over or go /afk so you don't get in others way.
No blocking.
No ramming.
If you see someone cheating don't say so in chat, use /report.

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 09:57:03 am »

Thanks for looking up, i mostly miss Sa-Mp forum to look out. :p
But thats for vista and windows 7 :(

Most of new players fail big time at hairpin turns, they just try to hand brake around it and whooop theyre 50 feet away from turn or fell down a canyon. :L And some for chicane turns, which sometimes we fail too. :P

And a tip which you probably thought of; you might use scenes from real races to show how it works like.Canada -Gilles Villeneuve  F1 for hairpin and chicane turn example.Great track. :L
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:03:08 am by Love »
Sign-A-True

falco355

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
i read again this topic and i think it's my turn to show how to make all race modes if someone is agree.

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 10:27:12 pm »
Im on making a new tutorial video.It will cover all the stuff possible to cover.

and;

Thanks for looking up, i mostly miss Sa-Mp forum to look out. :p
But thats for vista and windows 7 :(

Most of new players fail big time at hairpin turns, they just try to hand brake around it and whooop theyre 50 feet away from turn or fell down a canyon. :L And some for chicane turns, which sometimes we fail too. :P

And a tip which you probably thought of; you might use scenes from real races to show how it works like.Canada -Gilles Villeneuve  F1 for hairpin and chicane turn example.Great track. :L

Anything on that help hand to the beginners video Ezra ?
Sign-A-True

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 05:59:54 am »
o hai

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum