Author Topic: Replays  (Read 10047 times)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
Re: Replays
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 08:16:59 pm »
Uber cool plan mooman.  mooman has suggested this previously but not on this scale, also Pyro suggested something similar, although it was geared towards a Ghost Mode SA-MP Update.  (We're been told, that won't be happening anytime soon.)

I think this is a great idea. A one world replay, that would be awesome.

As pod posted though, the data usage might be a bit too extreme, that's the only problem*. pods bot system could also be used to easily load the replays. As mooman found out, adding bots to server is very easy thanks to the bot systems config files.

*Another problem could be 40 players recording paths, we've probably tried it with about three players recording without any problems.  As with any update (especially mine lol), we won't know till we try.

Rac3r when will you comment on this lol
Does help if I'm on online. :P

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:39:39 pm »
Didn't record a race the first time? Play it back on the server with fraps on.
Does this mean being able to record races without it being hard because of the lag from fraps?

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:30 pm »
Didn't record a race the first time? Play it back on the server with fraps on.
Does this mean being able to record races without it being hard because of the lag from fraps?
yesh
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 02:11:05 am »
I've talked with moo about how I can donate an FTP server with an 80GB hdd to archive (I did the math ;)) around 40,000 bot recordings for a year. Now you're probably thinking of the bandwidth, I did the math on that too. Moo suggested that I only download bot recordings of players which broke highscores. That's around 200MB (estimate, compressed) a day. That's equivalent to 6GB of bandwidth a month which is safe.

Surely, 1 year is enough for admins to find a suspicious record, download the recording from the archive, and investigate. ;)

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 04:26:58 pm »
If recording everyone at the same time doesn't work, ( I honestly think it probably won't, too much resources used) I have another idea for it. Lets say we suspect some1 of hacking, instead of watching them all the time and giving us no time to race, you can have the server record them with a command like /record ID and let it constantly record them every time they join the server. This way, we can play back the recordings later on and investigate them instead of constantly watching them. Much more convenient and uses less resources. Of course there are a few problems, the person who is recorded could get rammed and it might look weird but idk, you can still tell if they are blatantly hacking or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:29:21 pm by PyroFox »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 06:33:04 pm »
Niceone Falcon, just hope the uploads from AX to your FTP don't kill our bandwidth.

Yes Pyro, there would be no way to beat the system then.  I was going to code it for the tournament, but never did.
We'll test it out Monday I reckon, see if the lag causes any problems.  /Record ID on account would be handy and with the way the current bot saving is handling, we know it will work.

Gonna restrict /bot being used which in racemode, we'll test run the auto record Monday I reckon.  See if it's worth the bandwidth.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:10:35 pm by [UK]Rac3r »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 08:29:25 pm »
Partially setup.
Still need to sort out the ID system, but with a 30+ server, no lag or other niggly issues.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:07 am »
Partially setup.
Still need to sort out the ID system, but with a 30+ server, no lag or other niggly issues.

Yipee! ;D

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 08:32:22 am »
Also gonna add it to registered players only, because a 256kb recording for good racers, is 1.5mb for bad racers. Waste of bloody space :P

Screenshot!  (Date was just for a 1 race test)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 08:44:51 am »
maybe keep unregistered players for a day so we can watch them and see if they're hacking? especially now they can tell when we're speccing them :(

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 09:27:12 am »
maybe keep unregistered players for a day so we can watch them and see if they're hacking? especially now they can tell when we're speccing them :(

yea 1 day so i can archive their records as well? :L

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 03:56:20 pm »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 04:21:02 pm »
woo :D

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »
The project has begun!  :D

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile