Author Topic: Smoking Near Apple Computers Creates Biohazard, Voids Warranty :L  (Read 3065 times)

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
    I bought an iMac for my son (for school) along with the extended Applecare warranty. A month ago, it quit working. My son took it to the authorized Mac service center. The "tech" informed him it would be ready in 48-72 hours. Five days go by and he's heard nothing, so I called. They informed me that his computer can't be worked on because it's contaminated.

When I asked for an explanation, she said he's a smoker and it's contaminated with cigarette smoke which they consider a bio-hazard! I checked my Applecare warranty and it says nothing about not honoring warranties if the owner is a smoker. The Applecare representative said they defer to the technician and my son's computer cannot be fixed at any Apple Service Center due to being listed a bio-hazard.

This computer cost approx. $3,000, with the extended warranty. I'm all for destroying cigarettes and putting big tobacco out of business (yes, I'm a reformed smoker), but to label a computer a biohazard because one is a smoker is going a bit too far in regulating who can have the warranty they purchased honored. Shouldn't there be some disclaimer stating that they won't honor warranties from smokers?

http://consumerist.com/5408885/smoking-near-apple-computers-creates-biohazard-voids-warranty

:L

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking Near Apple Computers Creates Biohazard, Voids Warranty :L
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:36 am »
crapple

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
  • Elements of life: Air, Water, Oil, Fuel
    • View Profile