Author Topic: New Admin System [Please Reply]  (Read 10645 times)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
New Admin System [Please Reply]
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:33:19 pm »
New Rules For Admins
The admin list is growing bigger and bigger, but there is a majority of admins who really don't show any effort in improving the server.
As an admin we expect you to :
  • Remove hackers
  • Report Problems
  • Respect Players
  • Show Maturity
It's a shame because not all admins are sticking to these expectations. We have decided to moderate the admins and form a new admin system.

Why Though?
A few reasons, some admins abuse their power and piss about. Some admins see the server fail and don't even report it. Some admins abuse players, making out because they're admin, they can treat players how ever they want. Everyone knows me on the server, when do I ever do any of the above? Never. I am 100% commited to improving the server, again it's just a shame a mojority of you arn't. Also, we have again lost control of the admins, a few people still have their admin staus from the early days of this server.

Who's In And Who's Out?
Not decided yet, the three main people behind AdrenlaineX need to have a conversation and decide. A few names have been mentioned for the chop, but it wouldn't be fair if it wasn't a joint decision.

Is This Fair?
Yes. At the end of the day Andy, Andre and me work hard to make sure everything works the way it should, we don't need admins who are just around to piss about with commands, this isn't what being an admin is all about.

How Do You Know Who Is Good Or Bad?
Andy, Andre and me are frequent players on the server, we also have a log of all admin actions and the website gives us a great understanding of who's helping and who is not.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:05:17 pm by mooman »

Mikkel

Re: New Admin System [Please Reply]
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »
I agree a 100% with this. Alltho i have to admit, i have been rather inactive the last weeks. So i haven't rly seen any Abusing... But, Being an Admin, isnt a gift, nor is it to be abused. It's a responsibility.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:47:56 pm »
another brilliant idea by R :)

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:55:54 pm »
I've been inactive on the server for a good while now, only play once in a while so I wouldn't be surprised to see me removed from the adminX team :L But I never abuse my admin powers, at least I think. I'll play more often though seriously :)

Offline Clutch-H

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:30 pm »
yeah Nice Idea

but I kinda smell something bad coming onto me  ;D

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:52 pm »
you probs wont be removed, wev'e known you a long time and you don't abuse :)

Offline Clutch-H

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:02:05 pm »
but I m kinda oil that just has needs to be put on fire to be even bigger  ;D

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:06:41 pm »
Total agree with you Rick
http://www.game-monitor.com/sa-mp_GameServer/193.200.158.235:27026/UK_AdrenalineX_Racing.html
For 3 month we get position 50th(average:14.32) on SA:MP server list.We are small team but we must doing same great job what we did before.Some changes are needed.

Mikkel

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:07:56 pm »
Jalicno, tbh. AdrenalineX is the BEST Racing script that has ever been made, i see like 10 other racing servers, max people is 10, while AdrenalineX gets about 50

Offline MikeGT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
         Nice ideia R :D I know some admin that gonna be taken away gonna be mad... But life is hard... I know u have some reports of me 2 :D i have no problem in beeing out :D
         Remove hackers>> My x factor :D I think i'm good at that.
         Report Problems>> I Report lots :D
         Respect Players<<No ive miss that point :D
         Show Maturity<< Bah like it show on Simple Plan song : I'm Just a Kid... http://youtube.com/watch?v=KMCbDEkLJZI
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:50:47 pm by [2F2F]MikeGT »

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:09 pm »
Great idea

Offline Dr.Pressure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:07:30 pm »
Very good idea rac3r.

I hope I don't get removed :(

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 01:33:10 am »
It's a good idea R. Having a respected crew is one of the major points in having a good server!

When someone reports a cheater admins should inmeadiatly look at it before the cheater is gone.. and when you see a cheater you need to do anything to get him banned.. I know I saw once a fast flying dude, I only saw his nick color and i began to search everyone to see who it could be. This is like how it should be for everyone, I know much admins who achieve this, but I also see admins who never do anything(I'm not gonna say names here, but I wanna talk with R. about some persons who doesn't deserve admin powers).
And yes sometimes admins abuse their powers.. Maybe we should make a guideline what to do and what not to do? Not a long one, just to make clear what is expected from you as admin and what you mean for the server.
Last but not least, I don't think I abuse my powers, I'm only willing to be a strict admin and when I'm to strict I would like to hear that. I know some people said bad things about me as admin, but I can prove all of them were guilty to one or more fouls in relation to the server rules.

- | UsH | -
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:44:53 am by [2F2F]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 08:40:29 am »
Exactly Ush, but I was sad to see in server log, when server crashed, you didn't report it. Andy and me were both on MSN. You crashed, tried to enter, crashed again, I don't understand why you didn't inform us. >:(

I wouldn't remove your admin status for this, because Hell is to blame too and he is still admin.

Any problems must be reported. I really want this post to make admins respect their admin status and help us keep it running well. ;D

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 11:39:42 am »
I almost report every server crash, I'm sorry when i forget one :)

Usually Andy is online and I spam his MSN under my with my OMG SERVER IS DOWN ANDY SAVE ME! msg's xD