Author Topic: Obama's Health Care Reform Plans  (Read 6607 times)

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
Obama's Health Care Reform Plans
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:35:46 am »
Please try and keep this on topic. If you have nothing sensible to post, please refrain.

Thrasher, you on here?

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
Re: Obama's Health Care Reform Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:10:45 pm »
i dont see any obama's health care reform plans here....  ???
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:12:33 pm by [FSR]Devil666 »

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:22:48 pm »
Not yet. But me, Firefox and thrasher were having, or trying to have, a reasonably serious chat about it on the server last night.

Thrasher, does this all sound about right, so i can get a better understanding of it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8160058.stm
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:27:24 pm by [UK]Simon »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:47:42 pm »
Situation is urgent.

Health Care is one of worst disorganized sectors in the USA, at least that's what I hope for them. I'm not an expert of America.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:49:38 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »
I was hoping thrasher would comment, but i guess the moment has passed.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqqSHr0wVA[/youtube]
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 04:10:58 pm »
is the new reform bad or good??

in Mexico, we think that USA has the best health services (hospitals, vacinnes, etc etc).... in deed when a "artist" (actor, singer, etc) get sick, they run to USA to the best hospitals, cuz even in private hospitals in mexico are not too enough good ... and public hospitals are awful.. U_u

whats happen in USA?? i heard that everyone hates obama.... lol...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:14:03 pm by Killerbunnies »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 04:35:19 pm »
is the new reform bad or good??

in Mexico, we think that USA has the best health services (hospitals, vacinnes, etc etc)...

European countries have many better Health Care systems.. e.g. Netherlands...

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 10:33:41 am »
European countries have many better Health Care systems.. e.g. Netherlands...

What is the healthcare system there? Is it all on insurance or free like the NHS in the UK?

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:19 am »
Well it's not a perfect system.

It's based on insurances yes, hold by private health insurance companies. But the government keeps an eye on it.
Everyone is insured and if you can't pay the government will help you they put money in the system too.

You have different packages... you have a basic insurance(that's for everyone) and next to that you can insure yourself for some optional things like.. physiotherapy.

Read something about the Dutch healthcare system here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_the_Netherlands

It differs from the NHS, but I dunno how much(don't know much about your system). But one question raises in my head, how do you guys pay for the NHS?
In the Netherlands everyone pays about 100 euro per month for a basic insurance.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 04:14:38 pm »
it's paid for by taxes.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline Thrasher

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 02:30:08 am »
oh wow this is the first I saw of this :P

I'm really not a politically charged person at all, but the way I see it, the government fucks up social security/medicare/medicaid/fannie mae/everything they get their greedy fucking hands on so why would I have faith in Obama's new plan?

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 06:37:28 am »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 03:43:18 pm »
For whom is it gonna be better and for whom not ?

Offline Thrasher

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »
It basically fucks working people like me because all the lazy cocksuckers around here that have 10 kids and no job that live on handouts will be getting one. It's great for the government though because it's another enormous source of money they can launder from.

If he signs this shit I am gone. GONE!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:20:18 pm by Thrasher »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 04:32:57 pm »
*Welcomes Trasher to the Netherlands* :D

Offline ivanduk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »
can someone try explaining this to me? I tried to understand from BBC, but its too complicated for me ;D

[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: talking about gay give it to id 17
piggernenis [17]: haha
piggernenis [17]: hulka put me on ignore because he thinks im gay
[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: id 17 have aids

Offline Thrasher

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:36 am »
*Welcomes Trasher to the Netherlands* :D
1 year and 6 months and I am done with school and I will see you then :D

can someone try explaining this to me? I tried to understand from BBC, but its too complicated for me ;D
The united states is the last major country that doesn't have universal health care, ie health plan run by the government. Obama wants to put an end to that. I do not want an end put to it.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 09:48:45 am »
They should make it so that only those who don't have health care will be getting the crappy government one. While those who can afford a premium keep their (better) health care.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 02:35:42 pm »
oh wow this is the first I saw of this :P

I'm really not a politically charged person at all, but the way I see it, the government fucks up social security/medicare/medicaid/fannie mae/everything they get their greedy fucking hands on so why would I have faith in Obama's new plan?

Won't it give better coverage for the nation for those who simply can't afford Insurance?

If i was really poor and had no insurance and got hit by a bus, is there a government safety net to help pay for my treatment? Or say i get cancer and don't have insurance, no one is going to want to give me a medical policy then as they know i am going to be claiming loads on it.

Can Medicare etc refuse people insurance, and are all premiums the same?

Offline Thrasher

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 03:33:53 am »
Won't it give better coverage for the nation for those who simply can't afford Insurance?

If i was really poor and had no insurance and got hit by a bus, is there a government safety net to help pay for my treatment? Or say i get cancer and don't have insurance, no one is going to want to give me a medical policy then as they know i am going to be claiming loads on it.

Can Medicare etc refuse people insurance, and are all premiums the same?

Of course you can be denied medicare and medicaid if you do not meet the criteria. It all depends on your physical ailment and financial situation.

Just as a car insurance company won't insure someone with a DWI and a suspended license, you will probably not be able to sign insurance forms if you are actively dying from a terminal illness. That's just not how insurance works :L

And yes a blanket insurance plan run by the feds would give poor people insurance. Moreover, it gives lazy people who refuse jobs and collect food stamps their entire lives a free ticket to ride (not a free ticket, but a ticket that non-lazy people that work 50 hours a week like myself will pay for), not to mention a massive, easily accessible stream of money for the government to steal from when no one is looking.

Maybe it's a difference of culture and the way were brought up Simon, I'm not sure. Would you be willing to give money to a person that smoked cigarettes for 30 years and has terminal lung cancer and needed $250,000 in treatment to stay alive for another few months? How about a quadruple bypass to a man that weighs 400 pounds, eats McDonalds 4 times a day and has been on disability for 20 years because of his weight and cannot work (remember, the money from disability came out of your paycheck too)? I don't know about you Simon, and perhaps this makes me a sociopath, but I couldn't give a rat's furry little turd cutter if these people lived or died. They are completely out of the realm of my responsibilities. And these people are sucking millions upon millions out of working peoples' pockets daily. I don't know how it is in the UK because I don't live there, but these people are like a disease here. They're born and bred here and our modern liberal system supports this lifestyle more and more by the day.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 03:38:10 am by Thrasher »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:56 am »
USA is full of people with obesitas and I think the society created them...

About smoking, well, untill 80's or something(dunno exactly) nobody knew what the consequences were.. So if somebody smoked 30 years, from 1950 - 1980.. Who must be blamed? I think the government..

People are people..

Btw, in the Netherlands you can live without insurance(if you wish to).. but only problem is, if you get ill or an accident and you need to pay a lot for hospital they maybe will refuse you. (Not if it's life treatening). But it costs tons of money if you aren't insured.
And you get a fine if you aren't insured :P